Thursday, January 17, 2013

Looking Back ...

Happy New Year friends ... I pray that 2013 brings you many many blessings!

 A sweet friend of mine and a blog follower reminded me that I hadn't blogged in awhile and I'm sorry it's been so long. One of my goals this year is to be more intentional with my time, so I will try to be better about keeping up with the blog! :)

As we begin a new year there is so much to look forward to, but I also like to look back ... on all that the past year has brought us. 2012 was definitely a learning year for me. There were many "big moments" in my life this past year, and  in the life of my family. I have learned so much - about being a mom, about loss and grief, about my faith ... Big moments and big learning.

Looking back on 2012, I see how much I've grown. I've taken on the new role of Mom, which requires you to do alot of growing, very quickly. Realizing that you are responsible for another human being, especially a tiny helpless one, makes your priorities change. It is instant love and instant gratitude - that the Lord loves you so much that He entrusts that tiny human to you. Every decision I have made this past year, I have first considered my precious child. I have first asked the Lord's guidance. I have relied on Him more this past year than ever before, as my baby relies on me. Thank you Lord for never leaving me and for showing me how much I need you. Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it". This verse spoke to me so much this past year, not only as my husband and I are training our child, but as my parents and grandparents have trained their children.

I lost my sweet Nana (my mom's mom) in September 2011 and my precious Paw (my mom's dad) last January. They died only 4 months apart and we are all still grieving their loss. But as I look back on their lives, I realize the truth to Proverbs 22:6. My grandparents were shining examples of living each and every day for the Lord and the legacy they left behind (in 4 children, 4 children through marriage, 3 grandchildren, 1 grandchild through marriage, and 1 great-grandchild) is proof of that. My Nana and Paw loved unconditionally ... each other and all of us ... and led by wonderful example. I have faith in my abilities to train my child in the right direction because my grandparents trained my parents and my parents trained me. Praise God for such wonderful examples of marriage and parenting I have to follow. I pray that (Lord willing) my future grandchildren will love and cherish me, the way that I continue to love and cherish my sweet sweet Nana and Paw.

So in looking back over the past year, I'd like to share some big moments with you ...

Eliza's Dedication at our wonderful church, Shandon Baptist ... so very thankful for such an amazing church family
 
Grandma Sue Sue's wedding ... we were all so blessed to be a part of such a beautiful day!

 
Our first family beach trip ... E loved the sand! :)
 

 
And our little one turning ONE ... just can't believe it!
 





 
 
Thanks for reading friends ... May Your Cup Runneth Over in 2013!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! She's back :-) I love that scripture. I actually had Erin Erein paint it on a canvas for Tammy who watches Reece :-) its so perfect! I'm pretty sure I've shared with you that my dads parents also died close in time. We know our grandmother was brokenhearted. It was a hard time and even though it was more than 20 years ago, not a day goes by that I don't think about them and reflect on their beauty in this world. Hope to see you soon. Miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete